Iron Fortified and Heat Inactivated Calf Serum
RMBIO produces US origin iron supplemented and heat inactivated calf serum for use in cell culture media. Supplementing iron to calf serum can enhance serum transferrin levels and in many cases be a much less expensive alternative to FBS in promoting cell growth and its effectiveness. Heat inactivation helps protect against growth inhibiting immune factors like serum complement that may be present in the serum.
- Sterile 0.2 µm filtered
- Average endotoxin level*: < 2 EU/ml (specification = ≤ 10.0 EU/ml)
- Average hemoglobin level*: < 15 mg/dL (specification = < 30 mg/dL)
- 9CFR tested
- Heat inactivated at 56°C for 30 minutes
- For use in diagnostics or as cell culture medium
- Manufactured at our GMP compliant and FDA registered facility
- Large volume lot sizes available
- Packaged in 500mL and 1L bottles. Custom container sizes available
- Storage conditions: ≤ -10° C
*Data based on last 10 lots produced.
Heat Inactivation 101
Heat inactivation is an industry standard treatment that helps protect against growth inhibiting immune factors like serum complement that may be present in the serum. Serum complement can have undesirable impacts on immunological endpoints like detection of neutralizing antibodies, or on the proliferation of viruses. RMBIO manufactures heat inactivated bovine calf serum by raising the temperature of the serum to 56°C in a water bath and strictly maintaining the condition for 30 minutes.
|Hemoglobin||SUP<90>||< 30 mg/dL|
|Osmolality||Osmometer||240 - 340 mOsm/Kg|
|pH||pH Meter||7.0 - 7.9|
|Total Protein||Chemistry Analyzer||5.0 - 8.0 g/gL|
|Endotoxin||LAL||≤ 10.0 EU/ml|
|Mycoplasma||9CFR 113.28||Not Detected|
|Sterility||9CFR 113.26||No Growth|
|Viral Analysis||Not Detected||Not Detected|
|Heat Inactivation||Product is heated at 56°C for 30 minutes to inactivate serum complement,|