Standard bovine serum albumin from RMBIO is a high-quality protein stabilizer primarily used in diagnostics. We produce bovine serum albumin (BSA) using either US or Australian/New Zealand sourced raw material. Our heat shock BSA is available in both liquid and lyophilized form.
Primarily used as a protein stabilizer or blocking reagent, our BSA is manufactured and supplied as either a liquid solution or a lyophilized powder. RMBIO manufactures bovine serum albumin using a standard heat shock process, evolved from the cold ethanol procedures developed by Dr. E.J Cohn. While Cohn BSA, or Fraction V, are terms still used today, very few companies use cold ethanol in production of bovine serum albumin. Instead, most use a variation of the heat shock method we employ.
- Protein stabilizer for long-term storage of highly diluted antibodies
- Stabilizing and activating agent for enzymes
- Used in EIA, RIA and other immunoassay techniques as a diluent or stabilizing agent
- Prevents non-specific absorption by acting as a blocking agent
- Protein supplement for serum controls, standards, and reference materials
- Manufactured at our GMP compliant and FDA registered facility
- Storage conditions: 2°- 8° C