Fetalgro EX® Bovine Growth Serum (Premium FBS Replacement)
Free 50ml sample available upon request for a limited time! Shipping charges apply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-541-7624 to request your free sample.
This item will be shipped the next business day!
Catalog Number : FGX-BBT
USA Origin (Cell Culture Tested)
Special Order for bulk
Custom options are available for this product! To learn more about our extensive supported customization, please visit Custom Solution.
- Gamma irradiated
- Heat inactivated
RMBIO is committed to the development of high-performance FBS alternatives, reducing the burden of the increasing cost and varying supply of FBS.
Fetalgro EX® is designed to meet or exceed the cell growth promotion characteristics of FBS in a wide range of cell lines. It can be applied directly to cells previously cultured with FBS without adaptation and can be used as an inexpensive FBS replacement in manufacturing, research, and development.
- Fetalgro EX® matched or outperformed FBS’ growth capabilities in 9 out of 11 cell lines when tested in-house, and showed only minor differences in 2 cell lines.
- Fetalgro EX® cultures resulted in 150% more growth than FBS cultures in the NIH-3T3 cell line.
- In-house studies saw 110-150% more cell growth with Fetalgro EX® than FBS in the MDCK, HEK293T, 3T3-L1, and SK-OV-3 cell lines.
- In-house studies showed 90-109% greater cell growth with Fetalgro EX® than with FBS in the CHO-K1, C2C12, Vero, HeLa, PC-3, and Huh7 cell lines.
- Can be used as an alternative in broad cell lines where FBS was previously used, without adaptation.
- Raw materials sourced from the USA.
- Manufactured at our state-of-the-art, GMP compliant facility.
- Strict endotoxin specification of < 10 EU/mL and hemoglobin specification of < 30 mg/dL.
- 9CFR tested for mycoplasma, sterility, and viral contamination.
|Total Protein||Chemistry Analyzer||As Reported|
|Osmolality||By Osmometer||260 - 340 mOsm/Kg|
|pH||pH Meter||6.5 - 8.5|
|Hemoglobin||USP <90>||< 30 mg/dl|
|Albumin||Chemistry Analyzer||As Reported|
|Sterility, Mycoplasma, and Viral Analysis||9CFR 113.26, 28, 53||Tested|
|Other Parameters||Comprehensive Chemistry Testing||As Reported|